AGENCY PROFILE IS NOT COMPLETE OR HAS NOT BEEN APPROVED BY AGENCY. BELOW IS A GENERAL IDEA OF WHAT THE AGENCY IS REQUESTING.
The Clubhouse is a psychosocial rehabilitation program for adults with severe and persistent mental illness focused on creating a meaningful community for people with mental illnesses. Austin Clubhouse offers a place where our members and staff work side-by-side in all daily tasks and operations, build meaningful relationships through the meaningful work, and receive assistance with personal goals such as finding a job or going back to school.
CURRENTLY: Due to COVID 19 numbers in Travis County, Austin Clubhouse is offering in-person and virtual opportunities for students. We are meeting outside of the Clubhouse in the mornings Monday-Friday from 9am-11am and are working from home on Zoom from 1pm-5pm. In-person in the mornings we are working together in our garden, doing data entry, reach out calls and a variety of other tasks. Students can do direct practice with adults living with mental illness in a variety of settings, including preparation of healthy meals, working our front desk, data entry, assistance with resumes, goal setting, etc.
1. Data Entry: in-person and virtual
2. Assistance with employment-related goals: in-person and virtual
3. Goal Setting in general: in-person and virtual
4. Help w/ multimedia projects: in-person and virtual
5. Reach out calls: in-person and virtual
Wondering if you should register to volunteer? Based on the CDC guidelines, we are asking you the following questions:
- Have you been exposed to someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19? See the CDC’s risk assessment guidance.
- Do you have symptoms consistent with COVID-19? Symptoms can include a cough or shortness of breath or at least two of the following: Fever, Chills, Repeated shaking with chills, Muscle pain, Headache, Sore throat, New loss of taste or smell. See the CDC’s symptom information.