Operation H.O.P.E (Health, Outreach, Partnership, Encouragement) was a community project for the community by the community. The idea was to reach those who were the most vulnerable during the winter months of the pandemic: those who were experiencing homelessness and those who were in nursing homes facing isolation. We wanted to make sure they know that we care about them too.
We partnered with Shelters, Nursing homes, and Non Profits to provide individuals with little bags full of goodies. At a minimum, we provided them with:
- Hand Sanitizer
- A treat like a couple of mints
- A word of encouragement or artwork (Greeting Cards, Origami, or 3D Printed Items)
- A warm item (socks, scarves, beanies, mittens).
Last year from October to February, we were able to make 5000 bags and distribute them to 64 organizations across the Portland Metro region. We worked with City officials, community members, and corporations to make this happen.
This year we want to expand our reach to Clackamas and Yamhill County too!
We need your help to pack bags and donate them to the shelters.
We will provide you with all the materials required to pack the bags. All you need to do is collect the items from one of our locations, pack the bags as per the instructions that will be emailed to you after you pick up the bags, and then drop the bags at the shelter or care facility based on your interest.
You can reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know your interests.
- Have you been exposed to someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19? See the CDC’s risk assessment guidance.
- Do you have symptoms consistent with COVID-19? Symptoms can include a cough or shortness of breath or at least two of the following: Fever, Chills, Repeated shaking with chills, Muscle pain, Headache, Sore throat, New loss of taste or smell. See the CDC’s symptom information.